Picture Postcards (Mono) - Ray Mcbride Photography.
"Bidston Lighthouse"

"Bidston Lighthouse"

The first Lighthouse on Bidston Hill was built in 1771, further from the body of water it lit than any other lighthouse in the world, ever. The octagonal tower housed a massive parabolic reflector, twelve feet in diameter, developed at the Bidston Signals Station by William Hutchinson, Liverpool Harbour Master and one-time privateer.

BidstonLighthouse